Friday, May 18, 2007

I Do Too Shrug!

I knit, therefore I... blog?

In any case, after a long needle-less break, I cast on for the I Do shrug from Knitty.

There is a tale unto itself in how I found the yarn shop (practically local!), how I finally found the yarn, how I forgot to buy the needles and then tried desperately to find another yarn shop in Brussels that a) would sell #4,5 needles in any length and b) would be open when I went there.

Finally, I bought the needles in Bielefeld, Germany. From an ordinary department store.

List of materials:
Needles: Prym 80 cm long circulars #4,5
Yarn: Phildar Tribord in Azur, 70% cotton, 30% acrylic
+/-115m (125 yds) per 50g (1oz) ball
Stitch markers: at the moment, rubber hair bands

Here are my materials - the instructions are copied on the sheet of paper:



I'm experimenting with keeping track of the rows on another paper. Here's to show the start of the right sleeve with my temporary rubber hair band stitch markers:



Also note that I'm using the magic loop technique. Should've bought a longer circular, but this works. Sort of.

So, that's it for now! Hopefully, I'll remember to add more progress pictures.

No comments: